It features USB connectivity, a native storage capacity of 18TB and compressed storage capacity at 2.5:1 of 45TB, and a data transfer rate of up to 300MB/s.
USB LTO-9 highlights:
- LTO-9 tape archiving solution with first USB connectivity
- Use USB LTO-9 by connecting to laptop PCs and other USB devices to store large volumes of data anywhere, conveniently, with small IT-invested. Both half-height and full-height drives are available
- Increased capacity. Increased speed.
- Offering up to 45TB of storage capacity (18TB for non-compressed data), a 50% greater capacity than LTO-8. Transfer speeds with USB connection reach up to 300MB/ second, a 25% faster than the previous USB LTO-8
- Offering protection vs. cybercrime
- LTO tape can be stored offline and off-network, creating a physical ‘air gap’ of protection to minimize the risk of data exposure to cyberattacks. In addition the company’s archiving software lower environmental impact
- LTO tape and USB connectivity have a lower environmental impact as there is no need to have it constantly powered-on during storage, thereby reducing CO² emissions generated by 94% (1) when compared to HDDs
(1) Source: JEITA tape storage committee