Seagate Exos Application Platform With 2nd Gen AMD EPYC

End-to-end computer and storage platform

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Seagate Technology Holdings plc announced the Exos Application Platform (AP) with a controller featuring 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors.

Exos Ap Enterprise Data Storage System Controller Powered By Amd Epyc Processors 1

This scalable, affordable end-to-end computer and storage platform delivers integrated computer and storage in a single enclosure optimizing rack space utilization, power efficiency, heat dissipation, and storage density.

The need for advanced storage solutions continues to rise with the ever-increasing growth in data gen. According to a report commissioned by the company and conducted by the research firm IDC, Rethink Data, enterprise data is expected to grow at an average rate of 42.2% over the next 2 years. The survey also found that only 32% of data available to enterprises is put to work. The remaining 68% is unleveraged.

Data is often discarded because the cost of keeping it is immediate, despite significant potential future payoffs,” said Ken Claffey, SVP, systems. “The new Exos AP with AMD EPYC processors can help IT professionals build a cost-effective data management strategy that intelligently captures, stores, and analyzes data today and leverages it in the future to drive success.

Seagate Amd Controller Spectabl

Exos AP options with the new AP-BV-1 controller, offer computer and storage performance in a single chassis. With dual AMD EPYC processor-based controllers, the system delivers HA or controller partitioning, with the flexibility of a common controller slot allowing connection to additional Exos E SAS expansion units in matched chassis. The architecture is balanced for current and future CPUs and drive capacities.

We are excited that Seagate picked AMD EPYC processors to power the new Exos AP solution,” said Rajneesh Gaur, corporate VP and GM, embedded business unit, AMD (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.). “Combining the processors’ high performance and formidable I/O connectivity capabilities and Seagate’s industry leading mass data expertise, creates a solution that delivers flexibility and performance while helping enterprise customers improve TCO.

AMD EPYC processors offer a combination of features to help support the need for advanced storage solutions. In the Exos AP Enterprise storage system controller, EPYC processors offer core counts of 8, 12, or 16 for varying levels of performance. The processors also provide the solution with dedicated PCIe 4 lanes that deliver 200GbE network connectivity, and high bandwidth to SAS controller for faster HDD and SSD response. Finally, the Exos AP system supports 25GbE on the motherboard providing base I/O which is often an added cost on other competitor platforms.

The Exos AP options featuring the AP-BV-1 controller are available this month.

Source: Storage Newsletter

Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Add New Playlist

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?