Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. announced its latest lineup of mobile platforms, Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 and Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, to power the next generation of premium and high-tier Android smartphones. The Company’s newest flagship platform, Snapdragon 8+, is a premium-tier powerhouse delivering power and performance enhancements for the ultimate boost across all on-device experiences. Snapdragon 7 offers a selection of high-end, in-demand features and technologies and enables them for more people around the world. According to the latest findings from Counterpoint Research, IDC, and Strategy Analytics, Qualcomm Technologies is the global leader in premium Android smartphone SoC industry share.
“In the mobile segment, our primary focus is to deliver new, groundbreaking features and technologies to the industry, and for our customers’ flagship devices. We implement these features first in our Snapdragon 8-series and then waterfall them down our mobile roadmap,” said Christopher Patrick, senior vice president and general manager, mobile handsets, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The new Snapdragon 8+ and 7 Gen 1 both deliver breakthrough user experiences in their respective tiers.”
Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform
The Company’s latest premium mobile powerhouse, Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Mobile Platform, delivers the ultimate boost across all on-device experiences and lets users maximize their play all day. Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 will be adopted by leading global OEMs and brands including ASUS ROG, Black Shark, HONOR, iQOO, Lenovo, Motorola, Nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, OSOM, realme, RedMagic, Redmi, vivo, Xiaomi, and ZTE, with commercial devices expected to be available in Q3 2022.
- Amped-up Gameplay: Containing the full suite of Snapdragon Elite Gaming features, Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 delivers ultra-smooth responsiveness, color-rich HDR scenes at the highest visual quality, and desktop-level capabilities. With an improved Qualcomm Adreno GPU, Snapdragon 8+ provides up to 10% faster speeds and 30% power reduction to deliver the ultimate gameplay experience. Plus, with this platform’s added power efficiencies, users can expect up to 60 extra minutes of gameplay. Snapdragon 8+ also features a Qualcomm Kryo CPU with up to 10% faster processing and up to 30% improvement in power efficiency.
- Pro-grade Capture: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 features the latest Snapdragon Sight technologies like 8K HDR video recording to take smartphone videography up a notch. It’s capable of capturing in the premium HDR10+ format that’s loaded with over a billion shades of color.
- Unbeatable Intelligence: Snapdragon Smart capabilities, powered by the 7th Gen Qualcomm AI Engine, deliver up to 20% better performance per Watt to enable ultra-advanced AI use cases across the board for intuitive, depth-defying interactions like legendary Leica Leitz bokeh effects.
- Full-throttle Connectivity: Best-in-class 5G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with the full suite of Snapdragon Connect features for mobile. The Snapdragon X65 Modem-RF System provides remarkable speed and efficiency so users can talk to friends and family for over 5.5 hours longer. The Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 powers incredible experiences over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and includes Snapdragon Sound with support for CD Lossless audio quality, ultra-low latency for lag-free gaming and robust connectivity.
Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 Mobile Platform
Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 brings a selection of high-end, in-demand features and technologies to more people around the world, like epic mobile gaming, high-speed connectivity, intelligent entertainment and larger-than-life capture. Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 will be adopted by leading global OEMs and brands including HONOR, OPPO, and Xiaomi, with commercial devices expected to be available in Q2 2022.
- Epic Mobile Gaming: Snapdragon 7 features select Snapdragon Elite Gaming features, like Adreno Frame Motion Engine, which can double the framerate to upscale content while maintaining the same power consumption. The improved Adreno GPU delivers more than 20% faster graphics rendering. This platform also supports an immersive Quad HD+ Display and amplified audio featuring anti-howling for multi-player gaming.
- Larger-than-life Capture: Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 features a Qualcomm Spectra triple ISP so users can shoot simultaneously from three cameras or take photos at an astounding 200MP—a first in the Snapdragon 7 series. Users can take advantage of staggered 4K HDR, which produces photos with incredible contrast, sharpness, and realism producing peak brightness and deep blacks.
- Intelligent Entertainment: Combining Snapdragon 7’s camera capabilities with its 7th gen Qualcomm AI Engine, enables Deep Learning Face Detect, based on 300 facial landmarks, which allows for more accurate auto focus—even while wearing a mask. Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 also features up to 30% improved AI performance.
- Vault-like Security: Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 includes a dedicated Trust Management Engine and Android Ready SE—a Snapdragon 7-series first—prioritizing the safety and protection of users’ information.
- High-speed Connectivity: Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 features the 4th gen Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System and includes FastConnect 6900 which delivers superior Wi-Fi and Bluetooth—with Snapdragon Sound – another first for the 7-series-for the ultimate jitter-free, immersive experience.