PNY Technologies, Inc. are seeing an uptake of its XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4x4 SSD which delivers next-gen speed and performance, and also is proving to be an entry upgrade for the PS5 in Australia and New Zealand, where they have also just launched their XLR8 PS5 SSD heatsink.
XLR8 CS3140 M.2 NVMe Gen4x4 SSD highlights
- Designed for gamers
- 13x faster than SATA based SSDs
- Transfer speed up to 7,500MB/s
- Faster boot-up and quicker application launch
- Better overall system performance, reliable storage
- Low power consumption, cool and quiet operation
The company’s quest to develop the-fast internal storage to answer today’s demands of 4K and 8K content creators, high-intensive applications and ever more demanding games, lead to the launch of the firm’s first PCIe 4.0 SSD.
With the growing support from CPU and motherboard manufacturers to the latest NVMe Gen 4.0 protocol, it is critical to have a supporting SSD that, when combined, will bring intensive users to a Gen 4.0 level and deliver the performance and experience they demand.
Delivering the future of performance and next-gen speed today, the CS3140 offers sequential speeds (1) of up to 7,500MB/s read and 6,850MB/s write that accelerate productivity and elevate the gaming experience to a new level.
- Next gen in speed of up to 7,500MB/s sequential. read and 6,850MB/s sequential write
- Enhanced bandwidth that allows for performance and low latency, making it superior to SATA and NVMe Gen 3 based SSDs
- Lower power consumption that results in energy efficiency
- Greater endurance due to the drive’s ability to withstand extreme conditions and to retain data even when dropped.
- PCIe 4.0 interface (NVMeGen4x4), supports NVMe1 .4
- Form factor: M.2280
- Speed (1): up to 7,500MB/s read and up to 6,850MB/s write (vary by model)
- 1, 2 and 4TB (2) models
- 5-year warranty
The XLR8 PS5 SSD Heatsink is specifically designed for the PS5, integrating the original PS5 SSD cover and heatsink whilst offering a design, combined with cooling performance, taking any upgraded PS5 SSD to the extreme.
Not only can you play more games, but your system can look good while doing so. It is yet another firm’s solution for enthusiasts and pro gamers to upgrade with the latest PS5 external NVMe SSD feature.
XLR8 PS5 SSD heatsink
- Design to integrate PS5 SSD cover and heatsink
- Integrated extruded aluminium heatsink offers improved thermal performance for PlayStation’s demanding applications and high-end games.
- Upgrade PS5 to enjoy the additional storage and performance
- Additional storage from the extra upgraded M.2 SSD allows you to have more games to be played.
- Includes spare screws and thermal pads
- Backed by a 5-year warranty with support from the company’s technical support team
Find all models and pricing for the PNY XLR8 CS3140 Gen 4 SSD and PNY’s new XLR8 PS5 SSD Heatsink at all PNY resellers and retailers across Australia and New Zealand.
(1) Sequential read and write data transfer rates based on PNY internal testing using an NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 host device; slower performance is expected when equipped in PCIe Gen3 x4 host devices. Performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application.
(2) For flash media devices, 1MB = one million bytes; 1GB = one billion bytes. Actual usable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for storage.