Enhanced for on-premises and cloud environments
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.13, IBM Spectrum Protect Plus 10.1.9, IBM Spectrum Copy Data Management 2.2.14, and IBM Spectrum Storage Suite 1.3.3 deliver key enhancements for on-premises and cloud environments; Cobalt Iron Compass SaaS Onboarding introduces remote service to simplify setup and configuration
The Spectrum family of products from IBM Corp. deliver additional enhancements in their current releases:
- Spectrum Protect Suites 8.1.13 bundles include Spectrum Copy Data Management.
- Spectrum Storage Suite 1.3.3 includes Spectrum Copy Data Management and contains updates to component products of Spectrum Storage Suite.
- Spectrum Copy Data Management 2.2.14 enhances security and stability by upgrading the hosting OS to a later version with a longer lifecycle, the latest enhancements, and better security. This release adds support for Spectrum Virtualize in enhanced stretch cluster environments.
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.13:
- Helps ensure data resilience by enabling you to create three copies of Spectrum Protect backup data, one on the primary server, and two additional on target replication servers.
- Lowers costs by exploiting object storage for long-term retention data.
- Simplifies the experience for file-level backup and restore, and further enhances the Spectrum Protect Web Client, enabling self-service and help desk operations through a web-based interface.
- Adds Spectrum Protect Data Protection for Mail 8.1.13 support for HCL Domino 11 and 12.
- Introduces Open Snap Store Manager (OSSM) as a technology preview (cannot be used in production) to provide the foundation for enabling Spectrum Protect Plus to store data directly into IBM Spectrum Protect, eliminating the need for an Spectrum Protect Plus vSnap respository.
IBM Spectrum Protect Plus 10.1.9:
- Broadens support for protection of container-based workloads by adding support for Microsoft Azure Red Hat OpenShift environments.
- Simplifies deployment by eliminating the need for an Spectrum Protect Plus vSnap server and enabling the ability to store Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes backups directly to Azure object storage.
- Simplifies operations by enabling deployment and management of Spectrum Protect Plus BaaS Agent from the Red Hat OperatorHub.
- Delivers IBM and Red Hat certifications for Spectrum Protect BaaS Agent and Spectrum Protect Plus server.
Cobalt Iron Compass SaaS Onboarding
Cobalt Iron continues to contribute to firm’s growth strategy by offering solutions whose capabilities enhance and complement the Spectrum Protect portfolio. In June 2021, Spectrum Protect added the Cobalt Iron Compass SaaS solution to deliver a SaaS-based experience that can reduce time spent on managing data protection operations by adding cybersecurity, automation, and analytics.
With Cobalt Iron Compass SaaS Onboarding, new clients who purchase Cobalt Iron Compass can fast start using onboarding provided by Cobalt Iron to set up and configure the Compass solution.
For information, see the hardware requirements and software requirements.
Planned availability date
- December 10, 2021: All products, except Spectrum Protect Plus for FlashSystem and Spectrum Storage Suite.
- December 17, 2021: Spectrum Protect Plus for FlashSystem and Spectrum Storage Suite.