Able to connect up to 8 NVMe drives/card
Atto Technology, Inc. unveiled the ExpressNVM S48F Smart NVMe switch host adapter.
Built on the NVMe interface spec, ExpressNVM Smart NVMe switch host adapters help organizations scale NVMe storage capacity to support performance storage server applications without sacrificing performance. They are a value add and cost-effective solution for OEMs and system builders, providing a framework to develop enterprise NVMe storage arrays for local and distributed storage networks
“The impressive capabilities of NVMe have made it a cornerstone of performance-hungry applications such as real-time financial transactions and machine learning,” said Tim Klein, president and CEO. “We recognized that enterprise architects and IT managers need more flexibility, scalability and control for NVMe storage and that is what we set out to solve with our new NVMe adapters.”
Simplifying NMVe scalability and management
As organizations modernize their data centers, NVMe storage has become the next step in enterprise architectures. Yet, despite its performance potential, many organizations struggle with manageability when NVMe is scaled. NVMe was designed to work over a PCIe bus where the synchronizations and command translation requirements defeat the benefits of NVMe devices when accessed remotely. While NVMe connectivity is available on the motherboard for many servers, the lack of choices, customization, and the number of drives able to be connected limit scalability and configuration options. These challenges are compounded with the ongoing supply chain issues which are forcing server manufacturers to limit SKUs and motherboard configurations.
ExpressNVM adapters provide purchasing and design flexibility options for OEMs and system integrators who choose to add these adapters to their storage solution toolkits. In turn, their customers can add intelligence to their NVMe deployments and restore key management and monitoring capabilities that are lacking from most onboard solutions. Access to granular analytics and integrated management features like those provided by ExpressNVM are considerations when customers are deciding to purchase their next gen of hardware.
Designed for consistent and persistent latency, the ExpressNVM Smart NVMe Switch Host PCIe 4.0 adapters address scalability issues with the ability to connect up to 8 NVMe drives/card.
They allow for scalable NVMe storage solutions and feature management and analytics unrivaled by any other solution available, including:
- An FPGA management engine that adds management capabilities based on proprietary Atto eCORE technology.
- Real-time alerts to manage and monitor attached drives with in-band and out-of-band analytic tools that provide a granularity not possible with other solutions.
- Enterprise-ready management capabilities, including reliability statistics and capacity utilization – all without adversely impacting performance or latency.
ExpressNVM Smart NVMe switch host adapters
- S48F: 8 drives supported
- 4×8 internal SlimSAS connectors
- x16 PCIe 4.0 host bus interface
- Supports all major OSs via inbox hardware drivers
- Enhanced management driver support for Windows and Linux
- Supports multiple NVMe drive types M.2, U.2, U.3 EDSFF
- CLI Tools – For advanced topology display/configuration
- Tool Ecosystem – Similar look and feel across multiple OSs
Management and analytics:
- Attoview analytics and monitoring: PCIe switch, NVMe drive status, NVMe drive health, NVMe drive performance
- Alerts generated by metric collection and analytics